THE CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRY IN SEPTEMBER 2019 IS FRIDAY 8TH FEBRUARY 2019.
Nursery Admissions Information
Montpelier Primary School’s Nursery is open to children who will reach their fourth birthday on or after 1st September of the school year in which they will join the Nursery. It is not our policy to offer places to children younger than this. It is also not our policy to offer places to children who reach their 5th (or older) birthday on or after 1st September.
Times and Sessions
- Our nursery has 52 part time places: 26 morning and 26 afternoon.
- The morning session starts at 8.30am and finishes at 11.30pm.
- The afternoon session starts at 12.30pm and finishes at 3.30pm
Children are expected to attend every day and should be present for the full 3 hour session.
- As Montpelier is heavily oversubscribed we recommend that you make alternative arrangements in case you are not able to secure a place.
- If you have children in other schools please consider what arrangements you may need to make in order to get your children to school and our nursery for a 8.30am start. The same applies at the end of the day when collecting children at 3.30pm
- All children in Nursery wear a school uniform
Allocation of Places
- The first round of allocations will be emailed on Monday 18th March, 2019.
- The second round of allocations will be emailed week commencing 25th March, 2019.
Waiting List - Update of Information
We offer places as they become available throughout the year, so it is essential that you keep us informed of changes to your address and telephone number so that we may contact you.
We aim to have a mix of children in the afternoon and morning groups and allocate places with this in mind. You may state a preference for morning or afternoon on your application form. However, we anticipate morning places will be very heavily over-subscribed and your chances of getting a nursery place are greater if you opt for the afternoon place. We cannot guarantee you will get your preferred session. If the application deadline is missed you will be put on the waiting list. Places will be allocated strictly according to the criteria as they become available.
Please see the Nursery admissions policy for the criteria followed when offering Nursery places at this school.
Allocations will not be made before the closing date.
The address at which you reside at the time of allocation will be used
An offer of a place will be withdrawn if proof of existing address on the day of allocation cannot be verified or falls outside of the admission criteria
A place at our nursery DOES NOT GUARANTEE A PLACE IN RECEPTION. Application for admission into Reception must be made through the Local Authority who will allocate places.
THE SCHOOL CANNOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR INFORMATION ENTERED INCORRECTLY ON THE APPLICATION FORM.
Provision of an incorrect home address or other false information is likely to lead to the witthdrawal of an offer of a nursery place. If you change address after registering your child for a place in the nursery class you should advise the school in writing immediately.
Apply Online: Apply using school's on-line application form